Salutations, my bros & sisters in goriness & the macabre. If you thirst for some good ol’ teeth-clenching, muscle-tensing bloody goodness of the art of human disembodiment in films, try reliving Sam Raimi’s vintage Evil Dead through the 2013 remake by Fede Alvarez. If you haven’t seen the 1981 original, before you’d feel like having heart attack before the movie ends – worry not, my friend – just like many other thriller that promisingly establish the horror at the beginning, the ending might strike as a little bit funny and almost clownish (to my taste at least), which must have not been as bad in the ’80s & considering how badly predictable these movies have been over the course of 3 decades. But it sure is not short of blood (you’d see that I meant that literally if you managed to stay conscious to see the final sequence). Enjoy!
- Fede Alvarez Talks EVIL DEAD, His Vision for the Sequel, His Favorite Features on the Blu-Ray, the Remakes that Inspired Him, and More (collider.com)
- Evil Dead will hitting the stores and online for its Home Entertainment release on the 12th of August (close-upfilm.com)
- Evil Dead (2013) (moodyclappers.wordpress.com)
- EVIL DEAD Remake Director Fede Alvarez to Helm Sci-Fi Film MACHINA (collider.com)
- Evil Dead Remake Trailer Appears Online 80’s Style with a Hint of Musky VHS (dreadcentral.com)